Membership — $55 per annum
This is the most basic level of membership in The British Scholar Society. Membership is renewed on a yearly basis. Benefits include:
- Two issues of Britain and the World: Historical Journal of The British Scholar Society
- A discounted British Scholar Annual Conference registration rate
- Access to Britain and the World on our Edinburgh University Press webpage
- 20% off all history titles from Palgrave Macmillan
- 20% off all books published by Edinburgh University Press
- 10% off all Edinburgh University Press journal subscriptions.
Life Membership — $1,000 or greater
This is the highest level of membership in The British Scholar Society, and it means exactly what it says. In addition to standard Member benefits, a Life Membership includes:
- A subscription to Britain and the World for life, with no need to renew
- Full online access to Britain and the World for life
- Your name will be featured in the Register of Life Members, found in each issue of Britain and the World and on The British Scholar Society website
The British Scholar Society is dedicated to disseminating information about Britain’s interactions with the wider world from the 17th century to the present day. As an educational 501(c)(3) tax-exempt non-profit organization we rely on philanthropy to help us in our educational mission.
We are currently using donations to produce our documentary series “Preface”, which is meant to bring Britain’s international history to a wide audience. You may also earmark your donation to help subsidize one of our many programs including our annual conference, our journal, our lecture series, or our forthcoming online seminars, which will be available to everyone free of charge. We also accept funds to establish prizes for scholarship that helps define our field.
The study of the modern world is only possible by understanding Britain’s global interactions over the past four centuries. Please make your tax-deductible gift today and help us achieve our educational mission.
Donations are accepted either through Paypal online or you may send a check made payable to The British Scholar Society at:The British Scholar Society 5102 Woodview Avenue Austin, Texas 78756-1905 USA
Please note that The British Scholar Society never rents or sells your information to anyone or any organization, including other charities.
As a non-profit organization, the success of The British Scholar Society relies upon the efforts of volunteers. If you would like to volunteer your time to assist The British Scholar Society, please e-mail us at volunteerbritishscholarorg.
Thank you for your interest in The British Scholar Society.
We are always on the lookout for ideas to help us better explore and share information about Britain’s global interactions since the seventeenth century. If you have a great idea, please include it below. If we use your idea, you will be given a free one-year membership in The British Scholar Society.